Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lowcountry Style

Charleston is beautiful and their style, when not overly antiqued, is quite chic and neutral. Very relaxing.

Everyone here keeps telling us the best places to get "lowcountry" food - so far we figure this consists of shrimp and grits (neither of us even remotely likes grits so we haven't indulged), she-crab soup (really yummy when made right), and white hushpuppies (ultra tasty!). (I don't really count things like fried chicken and mashed potatoes 'cause we eat those at home all the time.)

So, back to design. I haven't been to many art galleries yet - saving them for tomorrow! But I did pick up a copy of Charleston Home magazine, and I really like it! So enjoy this home of a local artist from their most recent issue.

Charleston Home Mag Trading Paces  Front of House

Charleston Home Mag Trading Paces  Sun Porch

LOVE LOVE LOVE this room!! I mean, a purple ceiling?! That would have terrified me, but what does it NOT go with? A zebra head, antlers, and that fabulous dining table? CHECK! CHECK! CHECK!


Charleston Home Mag Trading Paces  Bedroom

Charleston Home Mag Trading Paces  Living Room

I have finally embraced white, and, in my next house, I'm definitely painting all the walls white! This is such a peaceful space!


Charleston Home Mag Trading Paces  Study

Read the full article and see the rest of the house here.

1 comment:

crystal.cattle said...

I LOVE the panelling on the walls. And yes another cowhide rug on the floor. I think it is this seasons trend.

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...