Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We Copy to Learn

That's what Sarah tells us. It makes sense too. You find an artist whose work you love, and copy one of their paintings to learn how to create the same effect. So, I copied this Kenton Nelson painting (original here. It was also in Something's Gotta Give - above the fireplace in the bedroom!).

Kenton Nelson Swimsuit Painting

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It's hanging over my fireplace mantel now!

Also, Sandi has been learning to paint like Kelly Reemtsen. She has done some wonderful stuff, but decided she would try something totally original. So I modeled for her!

Buzz Off

Then she gave it to me! It's in my dining room!

I've been enjoying my painting classes so much! Of course, it helps that I have such a wonderful teacher! Check out the Lemley House Art Guild blog to see works by some of the other wonderful artists!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...