Sunday, January 24, 2010

Antlers

I bought a wonderful (and large) buffet at Riverside in Ft. Smith for my hallway so that Josh and I can be super oragnized. So far, so good. I have a coat tree to one side, a charging station and mail basket on the buffet, and I need some sort of hat storage for the other side. So I'm thinking antlers.

My first stop was etsy. I would have bought this pair of jackalop antlers with it's cool mount and extra hooks, but the fur kinda freaks me out. I don't want to think about it actually being alive...


Then there is this great seller. She's a taxidermist and mounts antlers in the most beautiful way I've ever seen! (This pair here)


I will consider, of course, going the faux antler route, like these.


My next stop was ebay. I found out that mounted antlers on ebay, while not as pretty, have a more natural feel (like what I grew up with), and are much cheaper! I would be fun to have about 3 sets to go in a vertical line down my wall. Like these...


with these.


First things first. I live in Arkansas. I have to ask my family if they have any I could just have, though this doubtful. Antlers are a prized possession for the hunters I know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...