Monday, July 19, 2010

The Judicious Use of Antlers


Having grown up in the south with walls full of prized dead animals, a house isn't quite a home without trophy antlers. I've only recently started acquiring my own antlers (bought, not hunted). I really prefer the ones mounted with leather. These were recently found at Canton (thanks, Sandi), and I left them sitting on the counter for about a month trying to think where to put them. Finally, yesterday afternoon it came to me. I LOVE IT! I wish it had photographed better, or maybe you need to see the whole room (there's another set just like this on the other side of the buffet), but it feels like a Ralph Lauren country home.


So here's some more antler inspiration...








And here's one I thought I'd never see - the whole head (by the way, when your a little kid, these are really freaky!) mounted on trendy wallpaper....

images via msn, Elle Decor, The Farmer's Trophy Wife (Love the name! and the content!), Home Shopping Spy, Living Etc, The iDesign Box, and Yossawat

1 comment:

Rachel Trusty said...

I must interject. You can not mention the use of decorative antlers without mentioning Dr. Seuss's taxidermy.

http://www.drseussart.com/details/taxi/sculptureset.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...