Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Headboards...that are nice to look at, but don't really work

I got my first issue of Better Homes and Gardens in the mail a few days ago (I haven't had a chance to read it yet), so I went over to their website to see what was going on.

The first thing I saw was this image. I LOVE IT! I do not think it works in real life, because it would be very uncomfortable to sit up in bed, but I just love it. Of course I do. Look at all those recycled letters from signs! My mom and Sandi went dumpster diving with me the other day to look for that kind of thing.

Um....let me clarify. There was a dumpster with a sign that said "FREE" at an old supermarket in Russellville that is being renovated. I had to stop to see what kind of industrial items I might find. Sadly, the letters from the sign had been thrown in the bottom and crushed to pieces (so so sad). But now that I know this happens, next time I see a building being renovated, I'm going to stop and ask what I can have.


I also like this idea with the old handkerchiefs, but again I'm not sure how comfortable it would be to sit up in bed. But I like this room's overall look too. It's so interesting with the side tables (are those drums?!), all the different linens, and that (50's style?) bench.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's not a bench it is 2 end tables. cool idea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...